Limit one (1) cubic yard of mulch per customer.
Supplies are limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Park and walk to registration. Be prepared to wait in line.
- Only customers of Suburban Water Systems are eligible to participate in this event.
- You must bring a water bill and photo ID. The water bill must show the name of the water company and the account number for the address where the mulch will be used.
- Mulch will be loaded to pick-up trucks with assistance from a tractor. Bring your own tarp to cover mulch during transportation.
- If transporting by car, please bring your own heavy duty container or method to self-load and haul away mulch.
- For personal use only; not for resale or commercial use.
- Supplies are limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- One cubic yard of mulch spread 2 inches thick will cover approximately 150 ft2.
West covina High School
1609 East Cameron
West Covina, CA 91791
mulch will be a brown, 2" Woody Grind
Benefits of Mulching
- Helps retain moisture in the soil by reducing evaporation
- Regulates soil temperature
- Suppresses weed growth
- Builds healthy soil and nutrients as it decomposes
- Prevents soil erosion
- Improves garden aesthetics
+ What color and grind is the mulch?
The mulch provided is a woody brown, two-inch grind.
+ How much is one cubic yard of mulch?
Imagine a cube that is three feet across on each side. The volume inside that cube is one cubic yard.
+ How much area will one yard of mulch cover?
Area coverage depends on how thick you apply the mulch. To maximize the benefits of mulch we recommend a 2-inch thick layer. One yard of mulch applied at a depth 2-inches will cover appoximately 150 square feet.
+ How will the mulch be loaded?
Customers are responsible for bringing their own container or bags to load mulch into.
+ Can I receive more than one yard of mulch?
No, customers can only receive one yard of mulch per service address.