Limit one (1) cubic yard of mulch and one (1) plant per customer.
Supplies are limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Park and walk to registration. Be prepared to wait in line.
- Mulch and plants are distributed together. No exceptions.
- Only customers of California American Water that receive water are eligible to participate in this event.
- Waste water only customers are not eligible to participate.
- Limit one service address property per participant.
- You must bring a water bill and photo ID. The water bill must show the name of the water company and the account number for the address where the mulch and plant will be used.
- Mulch will be loaded to pick-up trucks with assistance from a tractor. Bring your own tarp to cover mulch during transportation.
- If transporting by car, please bring your own heavy duty container or method to self-load and haul away mulch.
- For personal use only; not for resale or commercial use.
- Supplies are limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- One cubic yard of mulch spread 2 inches thick will cover approximately 150 square feet.
Del Rey Woods Elementary
1281 Plumas Ave
Seaside, CA 93955
mulch will be a brown, 2" Woody Grind
Benefits of Mulching
- Helps retain moisture in the soil by reducing evaporation
- Regulates soil temperature
- Suppresses weed growth
- Builds healthy soil and nutrients as it decomposes
- Prevents soil erosion
- Improves garden aesthetics
Plant species tba
+ What color and grind is the mulch?
The mulch provided is a woody brown, two-inch grind, otherwise described as "forest blend."
+ How much is one cubic yard of mulch?
Imagine a cube that is three feet across on each side. The volume inside that cube is one cubic yard.
+ How much area will one yard of mulch cover?
Area coverage depends on how thick you apply the mulch. To maximize the benefits of mulch we recommend a 2-inch thick layer. One yard of mulch applied at a depth 2-inches will cover appoximately 150 square feet.
+ How will the mulch be loaded?
A tractor will be available to load mulch for customers driving pickup trucks. Customers driving smaller vehicles will be provided with pre-filled 55 gallon bags of mulch.
+ Can I receive more than one yard of mulch?
No, customers can only receive one yard of mulch per service address.