The position of Landscape Technician will requires an extensive and broad knowledge of landscape tasks, including demolition, irrigation technology, irrigation installation, hardscape, planting and other specialty equipment.
This position requires a special set of skills that are key for efficient completion of landscape and irrigation projects. This position will also allow for development of specialized skills that will further increase the value of the position within EcoTech.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute irrigation installation and irrigation retrofits, including lateral lines, valves, sprinkler bodies, drip systems and smart controllers.
- Accurately read landscape design plans and visualize and determine location of landscape components.
- Install bender board, weed cloth, plants, low voltage landscape lighting and permeable hardscape to industry standards.
- Safely operate and troubleshoot specialized landscape machinery, such as a sod cutter.
- Record vehicle mileage and vehicle maintenance.
- Assist with maintenance and upkeep of vehicles and EcoTech yard.
- Safely and legally drive a large truck and trailer.
- Connect a trailer in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Report issues with tools, vehicles or other equipment.
- Maintain and practice safe working conditions.
- Pay Rate: $12 to $15 per hour depending on experience and capabilities
- 90-day probation period from date of hire
- Sick time
- Five paid holidays per year and accumulative vacation time (eligible after probation period)
EcoTech Services is located at 2143 S. Myrtle Ave. Monrovia, CA 91016. This location serves as the meeting point for field employees and will depart from here in company vehicles.