The field technician job is an entry-level position at EcoTech Services. As a field technician you will mostly be involved with our toilet distribution programs where you will be responsible for delivering product, as well as helping install new toilets when necessary. For this reason candidates with plumbing experience are highly preferred. At times you may be required to assist the landscape crew with demolition and site preparation for landscape projects or maintaining our busy project yard. This position requires significant manual labor and good physical condition.
Field technician candidates should have basic handyman skills. Any plumbing skills are a significant plus. Capabilities to assist with grading, trenching, digging, and clean-up for landscape division as well as accurate record keeping are desired.
Duties and responsibilities
- Deliveries (driving) for our distribution programs
- Installing new toilets when necessary
- Maintaining accurate product delivery and receiving records
- Receiving product for our distribution programs
- Assist landscape division on large installs
- Assist with maintenance of project yard
- Plumbing experience is not required but a significant plus
- Have good customer service skills
- Must be able to speak and read English, Spanish is a plus
- Must be able to write English legibly
- Must be able to do basic math; adding, subtracting, multiplying
- Must dress appropriately for work in uniform daily
- Must be able to talk to customers about product being delivered
- Must be able to read and listen to work orders
- Must have reliable transportation to arrive at work on time daily
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly throughout the day
- Must be able to bend, stoop, twist, turn, drive and sit all day
- Must be able to read a map and follow driving directions
- Must have a valid Drivers’ License Class C
- Must have clean driving record to pass our insurance requirements
- Able to drive a F-150 or similar truck
- Able to drive with a small trailer
*Bonus Skills: Plumbing; Speak, read and write Spanish
- Starting Pay: $10-12hr depending on experience.
- Bonus incentives available based on toilet installations performed
- Must pass physical exam.
- Must pass drug test.
- Must pass company Insurance MVR Check Run.
- Must pass basic math and writing legibility test.
- 90-day probation period from date of hire
- Orientation will explain company provided benefits such as, vacation, sick, holidays, boot stipend and more.
EcoTech Services is located at 2143 S. Myrtle Ave. Monrovia, CA 91016. This location serves as the meeting point for field employees and you will depart from here in company vehicles.